Saint Augustine’s University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award baccalaureate and master’s degrees. Questions about the accreditation of Saint Augustine’s University may be directed in writing to the:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC)
or by using the information available on SACSCOC’s website: (www.sacscoc.org)
- NCICU – North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities
- CRC -合作罗利学院
Dr. 里卡多·菲普斯,教务长 & 负责学术事务的副校长
Ms. 格温Kea他是业务部副总裁 & 政府
Dr. Runell J. 王，机构副总裁 & 赞助的研究
Mr. 斯蒂芬•Latson Interim Executive Director of Institutional Advancement
The mission of Saint Augustine’s University is to sustain a learning community in which students can prepare academically, socially and spiritually for leadership in a complex, 多样化和快速变化的世界.
Saint Augustine’s University will be nationally recognized as a comprehensive institution with high performing students, 著名的教授, focused community engagement and a strong alumni base of change agents.
Saint Augustine’s University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and complies with its 实质性改变政策和程序. Saint Augustine’s University (分) is required to submit any substantive changes to SACSCOC for notification and/or approval. A substantive change is a significant modification or expansion of the nature and scope of an accredited institution. The purpose of 分’s substantive change policy and procedure is to ensure that all substantive changes are reported to SACSCOC in a timely fashion as required by 实质性改变政策和程序. 实质性的改变包括高影响, high-risk changes and changes that can impact the quality of educational programs and services.
After consultation with the 认证与合规总监 to determine the nature of the change, the substantive change documentation must be submitted to the Chair of the Department and Dean of the School. 经他们批准后, the proposal for change is submitted to the Curriculum Council and 教师 Assembly before it moves to the Office of the 教务长 for final approval. The substantive change, if approved, is then sent to SACSCOC for review and approval. This is in accordance with the change process as outlined in the 课程委员会手册.
Substantive changes, including those required by federal regulations, include:
- Substantially changing the established mission or objectives of an institution or its programs.
- Changing the legal status, form of control, or ownership of an institution.
- Merging / consolidating two or more institutions or entities.
- Acquiring another institution or any program or location of another institution.
- Relocating an institution or an off-campus instructional site of an institution (including a branch campus).
- Offering courses or programs at a higher or lower degree level than currently authorized.
- Adding graduate programs at an institution previously offering only undergraduate programs (including degrees, 文凭, 证书, 及其他信用证书).
- Changing the way an institution measures student progress, whether in clock hours or credit-hours; semesters, 三学期制, or quarters; or time-based or non–time-based methods or measures.
- Adding a program that is a significant departure from the existing programs, 或者交付方式, from those offered when the institution was last evaluated.
- Initiating programs by distance education or correspondence courses.
- Adding an additional method of delivery to a currently offered program.
- Entering into a cooperative academic arrangement.
- 根据第34 C条订立书面安排.F.R. § 668.5 under which an institution or organization not certified to participate in the title IV Higher Education Act (HEA) programs offers less than 25% (notification) or 25-50% (approval) of one or more of the accredited institution’s educational programs. 一份提供超过50%股权的协议
one or more of an institution’s programs is prohibited by federal regulation.
- Substantially increase or decreasing the number of clock hours or credit hours awarded or competencies demonstrated, or an increase in the level of credential awarded, for successful completion of one or more programs.
- Adding each competency-based education program by direct assessment.
- Adding programs with completion pathways that recognize and accommodate a student’s prior or existing knowledge or competency.
- Re-opening a previously closed program or off-campus instructional site.
- Adding a new off-campus instructional site/additional location including a branch campus.
- Adding a permanent location at a site at which an institution is conducting a teach-out program for students of another institution that has ceased operating before all students have completed their program of study.
- Closing an institution, a program, a method of delivery, an off-campus instructional site,